Each day evening at around 6:30 my brain stops working, the reason being my husband.....stop..don't take me wrong...but that's actually a fact. He comes back from office and asks me something to eat along with his cuppa...and I am always short of ideas for light and little bit healthy snacks, which can keep him filled till dinner time.
I came across this recipe in some magazine..sorry..don't remember the name...neither the exact recipe. But finally I was able to make these delicious chaklis which can be made really easily and in no time.
And these chaklis surely pleased my husband..and I too was tension free till the chakli box was empty.
Ingredients: ( Yields around 15 chaklis)
Oats- 1/4 Cup
Raagi Flour- 1/4 Cup
Wheat Flour- 1/4 Cup
Rice Flour- 1/4 Cup
Urad Daal Flour- 2 tbsp ( Dry roast and grind the daal to a fine powder)
Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
Green Chillies- 2
Ginger- 1 Inch piece
Salt- to taste
Oil- 1 tbsp+ more for frying
- Grind chillies and ginger together into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Dry roast oats in a pan for 3-4 minutes. Cool and then powder fine in a mixer.
- Mix all the flours and sieve them together.
- Add salt, cumin seeds, ginger and chilli paste to the flour.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and add it in the flour.
- With required water knead the flour into a soft dough.
- Keep the dough to rest for about 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Make the shape of chaklis using the chakli maker and fry them in medium heat in the oil till they are cooked and turn dark golden brown in colour.
- Remove the chaklis from oil and drain in an absorbent paper.
Store in an airtight container and relish the murukkus. And these will also be perfect to serve the guests in the coming Diwali.
Sending these to Diwali Special- Sweets and Savouries, Diwali- Festival of Lights, My Diwali My Way.